A list of contemporary science research paper topics for high school
Contemporary Science is an exciting and rich complement to your basic science. When writing a research paper in contemporary science your choice of topics is unlimited. From technology and communications to current advances in science and hot debates, the world is your playground.
Unless otherwise specified your contemporary science research paper topic needs to have the same ingredients as any other research paper. The topic should be interesting to you, relevant and exciting for the reader and well formulated.
Do not fall prey to the temptation of choosing something too broad in scope. Narrow down your area of interest to a subcategory and then run with it.
Here is a list of some intriguing research topics found on the web:
- Is autism caused by brain damage?
- The relation between vaccines and autism
- The relationship between vaccines and diabetes
- Did the primitive human really eat a pale (mostly meat) diet?
- Are carbohydrates good for brain health?
- Is genetic modification of crops about health or economy?
- Ecotourism: A way to save endangered species
- Sleep: How much does an adult need?
- Dark Energy: What does it say about the universe we inhabit
- Laron syndrome: Can genetics offer a key?
- Space Exploration: Do we need it?
- World food crisis: What is causing it?
- World food crisis: Is there really a shortage of food?
- Vegetarian diet: Is it healthy?
- Colorful Birds: Why do some birds have bright and colorful feathers
- Behavioral Epigenetics: Do traumatic events such as the Holocaust affect the DNA handed down to future generations? If yes, it is implications.
- The chemical composition of meteorites
- Do black holes exist?
- Does the Big Bang Theory irrefutably explain the creation of universe, as we know it? What are its implications?
- Did humans interbreed with Neanderthals?
- Insects as models for robots
- Immortality: Is it achievable?
- Nanotechnology in medicine
- Nanotechnology in agriculture
- Nan materials: A solution to CO2 emission
- Is stem cell research ethical?
- Dementia prevention: Genetic research
- Natural Medicine/Chinese Medicine: Does it work?
- Fracking: How is it used to recover natural gas? Its benefits and hazards.
- What are the chances of earth being hit by a comet or asteroid, like the one that wiped out dinosaurs? What can be done about it?
- The Human Connectome Project: Hopes and prospects
- Who are Denisovans?
- Relation between diet and longevity
- Importance of intestinal normal flora
- Can computers exactly mimic a human brain?